Way back in the 1800's, Charles Henry Mackintosh wrote the following sentiments in support of his Christian periodicals:
- The enemy of souls has wrought far more diligently at the printing press than the servants of the living God.
- We therefore do not deem any apology necessary for adding more literature to aid the cause of Christ.
- We can never have too many agencies for the furtherance of the truth.
Written almost 200 years ago, these words are just as relevant today. Traditions of men are holding many sincere people captive, and deceptive teachers are leading many astray. The adversary is busy, and the followers of Jesus must be busier still - with all diligence and prayer.
For this reason, Biblical Publications presents a platform for writers to share insights and studies from God's Word. All of our contributors are mature Christians who have been walking with the Lord for many years and have been trained in theology, pastoral care or other areas of God's calling. Their expertise is diverse, and they share their knowledge to the glory of God.
Site developers and content managers Henry and Margaret Lepke are passionate about the Bible, about following Paul's admonition to correctly divide (handle) the Word of God, and about interpreting Scripture with fidelity (see last point of Statement of Faith).
The aim of Biblical Publications is to encourage faith that is firmly grounded in Scripture so that readers may securely stand on God's Word instead of sinking into the quicksand of dangerous teachings and practices.
As such, the ministry of Biblical Publications is two-fold:
- Providing a cyber home for good, solid, godly teaching material, much of which is rapidly disappearing from major bookstores, and
- Offering food for thought, discernment, study and encouragement to satisfy believers with hungry hearts.